- The white clothes turn gray after washing
- Washing machine / front-loading washer-dryer
- Laundry machine with vertical loading
1. Always sort the white clothes and wash them separately from other colors
2. Use dedicated detergent for white laundry (it contains bleaching agents, such as sodium percarbonate)
3. Use the right amount of detergent for water hardness and dirt level of clothing
4. Make sure the detergent container is tightly closed (certain bleaching agents may evaporate)
- If you use an incorrect amount of detergent, lime deposits and soap residue may accumulate on the clothes (gray layer).
- White towels that have become gray due to limestone deposits can be made white again by washing them in the machine with a small amount of citric acid powder or vinegar instead of detergent.
- The white towels can be bleached by placing them in a beaker with 100 ml of water to 200 ml of chlorine bleach and leaving them to soak for two hours. Afterwards, wash them in the washing machine at the highest temperature allowed by the towel care instructions.
WARNING: Never mix chlorine bleach with other chemicals because very toxic compounds can form.
A fost de folos?